Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Heusden


I've been visiting Lindsey and Berend again in Veen - it is such a luxury to have my darling sister cousin so close. As well as once again eating totally delicious food fresh from their garden, Lindsey and I visited nearby Heusden, a walled town built in the 12th century with its own little harbour. We visited the butcher whose family have been in the same shop for nearly 100 years. There is a photo of him on the wall leading an enormous bull. I have never seen a butcher shop like this one with amazing delicatessan food as well. Lindsey bought duck confit - duck's legs preserved in duck fat (I think - Lindsey will let me know if I'm wrong) which we ate that evening - delicious!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is SO romantic - what were they walled against, water?

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home